[SIPForum-discussion] Simplified algorithm to give some sort of E-model result

Adam Harding adam.harding2 at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 22 12:38:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know on some sort of basic algorithm that I can put some VOIP analysis results of Jitter, Delay, Packet Loss etc into and get some sort of an estimate of Voice quality, like the R-factor?, but more simple, just to give a rough figure.

I have not got sufficient data or resources to use the proper E-model/MOS/R-Facor, but if there is some sort of free equation I can plug some basic results into just to get some sort of rough figure for voice quality that would be great.

At the moment I am writing a report for my University project and am just giving my opinion on how different factors effect the audio quality.

Just for the benefit of my examiner really, so I have some sort of numerical figure to use to compare the my results, rather than just my opinion of the audio quality.

Thanks,

Adam Harding