[SIPForum-discussion] I-CSCF

vivek krishna vivekkrishna_s at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 19:01:07 UTC 2007

Hi,
    I think there are couple of reasons why ICSCF
remains in path during entire registration scenario.

1) ICSCF will act as a check point where when it sends
UAR to HSS to selecta  SCSCF, HSS can check the
access-network-info and check whether the user is
allowed to roam from that network.Else the
registration can be rejected even before scscf is
reached and authentcation occurs.
2) In a real field if a SCSCF sends a 401 unauthorised
message to user and it goes down(some problem) and if
the user replies with his authentication data then
still ICSCF will send UAR to HSS and it can send a
different SCSCF/s.So redundancy is achieved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
vivek krishna
--- mwilliam prusty <callwilliam90653 at rediffmail.com>