[SIPForum-discussion] Expire field in the SIP Registration.

Robert Sparks rjsparks at nostrum.com
Thu Jul 5 18:53:49 UTC 2007

Doing this violates the specification.

There is no way to establish an "infinite" registration using the
REGISTER method.

That's on purpose - its one of the fundamental architectural
principles SIP is built on.
Registration state is "soft" - it always expires - the network will
fail to a safe state if the
client interested in that registration is not around to refresh it.

RjS