[SIPForum-discussion] sip stack?

Robert Sparks rjsparks at nostrum.com
Mon Jan 22 05:14:59 UTC 2007

There's nothing wrong with that.

Usually, it's because your SUBSCRIBE went through a proxy, so it's
200 has to come back through that proxy. If the proxy did not record-
route, the NOTIFY will
go straight to your endpoint. Hence it will likely arrive first.

Even without a proxy in the path of the SUBSCRIBE, it's possible for
the NOTIFY to arrive first (There's nothing that requires the
notifier to send the 200-SUBSCRIBE before the initial NOTIFY).

RjS