[SIPForum-discussion] How to use lr parameter in URI

harish T harish0611 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:06:13 UTC 2007

While reading RFC 3261 i could not make out the difference between
"URI that contain the lr parameter" and
"URI does not contain lr parameter"

case 1:
   if first URI doen't contain lr parameter then
          <sip:proxy1>,<sip:proxy2>,<sip:proxy3;lr>,<sip:proxy4>

   The request will be formed with the following Request-URI and Route
   header field:

   METHOD sip:proxy1
   Route: <sip:proxy2>,<sip:proxy3;lr>,<sip:proxy4>,<sip:user at remoteua>

case 2: (is this correct?)

 if first URI contain lr parameter then
          <sip:proxy1;lr>,<sip:proxy2>,<sip:proxy3>,<sip:proxy4>

   The request will be formed with the following Request-URI and Route
   header field:

   METHOD sip:proxy1
   Route: <sip:proxy2>,<sip:proxy3>,<sip:proxy4>,<sip:user at remoteua>

Is this correct?...

I could not understand the lr concept ...if any one knows please
explain how to use lr  parameter...
if possible please provide simple example

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only
plan, but also believe.

With regards
Harish.T