[SIPForum-discussion] Can i Modify proxy address once DIALOG is created ?

harish T harish0611 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 06:07:37 UTC 2007

Is it possible to change Proxy address once DIALOG is created ?,If it is not
possible then,What happens when Server redirects ,Because redirected server
may use complete different Route-set,So will it terminate DIALOG?...

If server redirect permanently ,i hope there is no need to maintain DIALOG
since it takes memory for redundant data in UA...So will it terminate?...

while reading DIALOG section in rfc 3261 , i read DIALOG is identified using
DIALOG ID ,which uses URI along with some other parameter...So changing URI
may have backward compatibility with rfc 2543...

SO what is there any affect of server redirects on DIALOG?..if so ,can you
please assit me how to handle those senario..

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only
plan, but also believe.

With regards
Harish.T