[SIPForum-discussion] When i should go for Forking ?

Deepanshu deepanshu at huawei.com
Fri Feb 9 05:51:09 UTC 2007

Dear Harish

As you said forking is a mechanism of sending SIP request (message) to multiple destination at the same time.

It is being used for example

"if a user have multiple client. in other words u user can have more than one device with same SIP URI but different AOR". So when receving a request destined for that SIP URI, the server SHOULD fork the request to different clinets at tha same time.