[SIPForum-discussion] Early media...Use.

resalath ahamed resalath.ahamed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 18:39:52 UTC 2007

Hi nithya,

Early media is delivring media parameters in 18X reponses. Usually PRACK
method is used to acknowledge the SDP in 18X response.

Imagine a situation where a SIP UA has originated a call and there is some
announcement to be played then, SDP parameters are sent in 18X response so
that the announcements can be played. This is a simple example why early
media is used. I do not understand why u are trying to relate this with
Re-Invite. Please let me know about this.

Please let me know if i am worng in my understanding.

Regards,
Resalath