[SIPForum-discussion] A CRLF for multi-line?

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Sat Dec 22 12:10:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

1.	I think you can get the information in the RFC 3261, in the
“Augmented BNF” part (chapter 25, p.219)
A line can be continued on another line if this other line starts with a
“space” (SP), a “Horizontal Tab” (HTAB) or a “Linear White Space”
LWS=[*WSP CRLF] 1*WSP
Depending on your parsing strategy and implementation, you could preprocess
the SIP message and replace any LWS you find by a single SP… Or you can add
your parsing rules taking LWS into account.
So to answer to your question, the end character for the first line is CRLF,
SIP considers it’s folded with the NEXT LINE starting with a WSP…
In fact, I guess every “line” in SIP ends with a CRLF.
2.	As Far As I Know, the “multi-line” process is completely
orthogonal with the syntax, so you should just be able to split anywhere in
the SIP message.

Regards,

Herve

  _____