[SIPForum-discussion] Purpose of SIP Forum mailing lists? (Was Re: flow of RTP in SIPP)

Henning Schulzrinne hgs at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Dec 28 16:35:16 UTC 2007

Eric,

I think we need a separate, lower-noise list to continue the
interoperability discussion that started at the Vancouver IETF. A list
where many of the writers seem to think that they are writing IMs to
their high-school buddies (can u hlp plz) is not exactly conducive to
attracting people that have outgrown that level of discussion.

An announcement list would also be helpful, akin to ietf-announce.

I also like the BBS-style forum idea; I don't think many of the
questions will actually get answered, but that's no great change from
what seems to be happening here, except that now 3,000 people have to
see the message.

Henning