[SIPForum-discussion] Is "fmtp" line needed in 200 OK answer?

Halit Sakca sakcahalit at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 16 18:53:33 UTC 2007

Hi Andrea,

As other guys mentioned I dont think that is related with "g" and "G", is it possible that you can change the codec?

There is an other difference ;

m=audio 19570 RTP/AVP 18 8 0
m=audio 57956 RTP/AVP 18 8 0

Media;
so check the ports!

hope you ll resolve it :)

selamlar,
halit

From: androjoker at hotmail.comTo: baolovebao at gmail.comDate: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:34:56 +0000CC: discussion at sipforum.orgSubject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Is "fmtp" line needed in 200 OK answer?

I agree with your analysis. I've noticed that for example Cisco and Linksys phone sends only one codec in the 200 OK SDP envelope.But... Can the sending of multiple codec in the 200 OK response be an issue?I cannot complain with phone provider about this behaviour. Anyway why does the phone talk with G729 and AS talk with G711?  I'm wondering if the AS performs a check on  fmtp field in the 200 OK response .................Thanks,Andrea

Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:24:05 +0800From: baolovebao at gmail.comTo: androjoker at hotmail.comSubject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Is "fmtp" line needed in 200 OK answer?CC: discussion at sipforum.org
# the "g" and "G" have no difference. and the offer indicate that it's not G729B codec.
# I don't think the lack of fmtp in answer is the reason for issue. Maybe the ip phone should reply only one codec in its SDP. Maybe the multi codec in answer make the offer confused.