[SIPForum-discussion] Is "fmtp" line needed in 200 OK answer?

Halit Sakca sakcahalit at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 16 18:53:33 UTC 2007

Hi Andrea,

As other guys mentioned I dont think that is related with "g" and "G", is it possible that you can change the codec?

There is an other difference ;

m=audio 19570 RTP/AVP 18 8 0
m=audio 57956 RTP/AVP 18 8 0

Media;
m=<media><port><transport><media format list>
so check the ports!

hope you ll resolve it :)

selamlar,
halit

From: androjoker at hotmail.comTo: baolovebao at gmail.comDate: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:34:56 +0000CC: discussion at sipforum.orgSubject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Is "fmtp" line needed in 200 OK answer?

I agree with your analysis. I've noticed that for example Cisco and Linksys phone sends only one codec in the 200 OK SDP envelope.But... Can the sending of multiple codec in the 200 OK response be an issue?I cannot complain with phone provider about this behaviour. Anyway why does the phone talk with G729 and AS talk with G711?  I'm wondering if the AS performs a check on  fmtp field in the 200 OK response .................Thanks,Andrea 

Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:24:05 +0800From: baolovebao at gmail.comTo: androjoker at hotmail.comSubject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Is "fmtp" line needed in 200 OK answer?CC: discussion at sipforum.org
# the "g" and "G" have no difference. and the offer indicate that it's not G729B codec.
# I don't think the lack of fmtp in answer is the reason for issue. Maybe the ip phone should reply only one codec in its SDP. Maybe the multi codec in answer make the offer confused. 
On 12/11/07, Andrea Puddu <androjoker at hotmail.com> wrote: 

Hello guys,I'm facing an issue when a mobile (common mobile 3G phone) tries to call an internal SIP phone through its geographical number.The issue is that when the SBC sends the INVITE to the IP phone,  in the SDP  enclosure it  suggests these codecs: m=audio 19570 RTP/AVP 18 8 0a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000a=fmtp:18 annexb=noa=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000The 200 OK of the phone (SDP part only) is:m=audio 57956 RTP/AVP 18 8 0a=rtpmap:18 g729/8000a=rtpmap:8 pcma/8000a=rtpmap:0 pcmu/8000a=sendrecvSo the IP phone start to talk with G729 and SBC replies with G711A!!! So I can't hear the voice coming from mobile phone!!!!I have two questions:- Can the difference between the offer (G729) and the answer (g729) be significant? I mean the difference because the "g" is not capital in the answer- Can the lack of the "fmtp" line in the answer cause troubles? Thanks 1000,Andrea 

Prenditi una pausa e sfida i tuoi amici a Ladybird su Messenger! Messenger Giochi_______________________________________________This is the SIP Forum discussion mailing listTO UNSUBSCRIBE, or edit your delivery options, please visit http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/discussionPost to the list at discussion at sipforum.org-- BRDonald 

Per questo Natale fai i tuoi auguri con Messenger! Windows Live Messenger 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20071216/9b49d9c8/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list