[SIPForum-discussion] difference between INFO and OPTIONSmethod?

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Mon Dec 10 07:00:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just would add that you can’t send the CANCEL until you receive a 1xx
response.

But once you receive it, if you do receive it, then you probably have to
generate it, in order to CANCEL the call, because then the other party would
have initiated the call handling on its side, and it probably has to be
stopped – if you wanted to send that CANCEL request, you probably had a good
reason for that

So basically, there are chances you need to deal with “deferred” CANCEL
requests, that you can’t send until you receive a 1xx response

It might not that easy to implement, one way could be to keep the
transaction running, and at the UAC core level, when receiving the first 1xx
notification sent by state machine to UAC core, if you determine there is no
“ongoing call” related to it, you could just then send a CANCEL request.

Regards,

Hervé

  _____