[SIPForum-discussion] Source code of SIP

ronaka shaha ronakms01 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 10:20:52 UTC 2007

Hi Subhrajit,

              The answer to your questions are as folows:

1) DISADVANTAGES OF SIP

• The main disadvantage of SIP is that it has no means to detect network
failures
• The processing requirements placed on the SIP proxy are higher than with
H.323, which requires more message exchanges to pinpoint the position
• Another main problem with SIP is that all the new versions are not
backward compatible, which causes operational problems

SIP protocol pretends to be more promising, despite of disadvantages.

2) Source code of SIP

The best site to go for is www.*code*project.com/ce/

You can also try www.ietf.org or some of the discussions in sipforum.org

I hope this answers your question.
If you have more queries, contact me on 1-972-948-2856

Thanks,

Ronak Shah

(Southern Methodist University)