[SIPForum-discussion] Latest RFCs for SIP.

zabi mohamed.zabiulla at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 06:42:45 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I am designing a parser for sip messages in C. I went through RFC 3261.

In RFC 3261 transport parameteres "tls-sctp" is not mentioned whereas

the following link says tls-sctp is supported .
http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-abnf.html#uris

Simliarly in sip tel no, in RFC 3261, for details regarding tel nos RFC 2806
is referred wherreas an RFC 3966 is referred for

tel nos in above link, and there are few more RFCs referred for tel nos
namely

 - RFC4694 <http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-RFCs-b.html#rfc4694>: "rn",
"cic", "npdi"
- RFC4715 <http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-RFCs-b.html#rfc4715>:
"isub-encoding"
- RFC4759 <http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-RFCs-b.html#rfc4759>:
"enum-dip-indicator"
- RFC4904 <http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-RFCs-b.html#rfc4904>:
"trunk-group", "trunk-context"

I am getting confused as to which RFC to refer.

Is there any latest link or RFC for all the SIP updates. If yes please let
me know.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Zabi.