[SIPForum-discussion] Processing REGISTER request

Arnab Biswas arnabbiswas1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 10:24:48 UTC 2007

Hi Shakthi,

Please see the inline comments...
"If it does agree, *it MUST
         remove the binding only if the CSeq in the request is higher
         than the value stored for that binding.*  Otherwise, the update
         MUST be aborted and the request fails."

If the CSeq is greater than the old value, the new request, i.e. the
REGISTER is a new one (reREGISTER). This new one basically updates the old
expiry value. If the CSeq value is the same then it is a retransmitted
REGISTER and should be ignored.

"want to know where the value for the binding will be stored" ---- In the
REGISTRAR.

Thanks,