[SIPForum-discussion] UAS Processing of the INVITE request

Donald Lee baolovebao at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 01:56:04 UTC 2007

Hi Vijay:

      Here are some of my considerations, please check them inline.
      BR
      Donald

2007/8/12, Vijay T <vijaycec at yahoo.co.in>:

> Dear All
>           This is vijay...i have a doubt reg INVITE req processing...
> During the handling of INVITE request(UAS core) RFC3261 states that in the
> section
>
> 13.3 UAS Processing
>
> 13.3.1 Processing of the INVITE
>
>   3."If the request has a tag in the To header field but the dialog
>      identifier does not match any of the existing dialogs, the UAS
>      may have crashed and restarted"
>
> My Qns:
> 1.Here the request itself fill the tag of the To header field.How???

Donald: It doesn't mean that the request fill the tag. On example of this
case: During an exist dialog one of the UE has some fatal error to reboot,
so it doesn't send any request to the other UE. after the former one up
again, if the other one want to send a re-INVITE to change the "current
dialog", that would lead to this case.

2.In crashed & restarted  case why not UAS generated corresponding error
> response for that???

Donald: I think in this case there is no time for UAS to generate
corresponding error response, it's dying:-P.

and another separate query is
> please tell me about "mid-dialog" request and when it'' happen???

Donald: After a dialog is estabilished(an ACK in a dialog send
successfully). Any request within this dialog(have the same
Call-ID, From-Tag, To-Tag) will be called "mid-dialog" request.

i'm little bit confused abt this request....