[SIPForum-discussion] G 723 Audio Codec Bit Rate

sreekant nair sreekant_nair at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 13:02:53 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Based on the inputs received from multiple people, we went ahead with our design. However during one of the tests we saw the problem being discussed.

The G.723.1 codec dynamically changed its bit rate on the fly between two successive RTP frames. I have captured the trace file and exported it into a text format for easy viewing for all. Please see the portion highlighted in the document.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sreekant Nair

Andrew Yu <andrew at asiatel.com.sg> wrote: it's possible to change the audio path & codec type by sending an
reINVITE with SDP. could you paste here of the sip trace that you're
talking about? when an RTP is in session, there is no way that you can
change the codec type without an reINVITE. G.723.1 5.3kbps and 6.3 kps
is not inter-compatible and I believe that the SDP should have indicated
this.

--
Cheers,

Asiatel Singapore Pte Ltd