[SIPForum-discussion] Unable to receive RTP Stream over NAT

anilkumar mantena anilkumarmanthena at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 14:39:12 UTC 2007

Hi all,

  I tried to implement a program for RTP Streaming over Internet (VOIP).  I am able to register with the proxy and establishing a session with INVITE.  But I'm not able to receive the voice and even I am not able to send voice.
  I used STUN (stun4j) to detect my public ip and public port using addressDiscovery.determineAddress() method.  I tried by using private ip and port; public ip and public port (found in STUN Discovery); and used Media IP and Media Port (from SDP) to listen/send RTP stream over the Internet.  Still no use of it.  I'm unable to send/receive voice.
  1. What might be the problem?
2. What are the ports I need to configure for Listening and for sending?
3. When I should do STUN Discovery?
4. Is Discovery process is sufficient or shall I do any binding (if yes please mention the methods in stun4j)
5. Any other solutions to solve this problem?

  Thanks in advance.....
  Anilkumar Manthena