[SIPForum-discussion] SIP user data

Jamie Chen jamiechen168 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 02:45:20 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I am new to SIP and about to get into the deep understanding of SIP. But
there is one thing I would like to check with this forum. I am wondering if
SIP protocol allows me to add user data to the SIP message. One example is
that when I receive SIP message, there will be some application specific
data within SIP message. And I am able to add/update/delete the application
specific data (user data) in this SIP and send it over for the SIP server.

If you have some URLs explaining this, please feel free to point me to
there.

Many thanks