[SIPForum-discussion] Intercom Functionality

Kousalya kousir at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 08:21:54 UTC 2006

Please remove my name

Randall Keels <rkeels at eedinc.com> wrote:
                Greetings All,

  My customer wants to be able to call a line and have it pick up so they can speak over the hands free speaker on a group and/or individual basis.

  For example:
  STEP 1) I call ext. 251 from my ext. 323
  STEP 2) I hear a ring-back tone and depress the # key
  STEP 3) I am now able to speak over the phones (ext. 251) loud speaker without owner of ext. 251 actually answering the device.

  Would someone help me determine how to enable any resemblance of this function on the SipX services?

  BTW: All of the customers end devices are Polycom.

  Thanks all