[SIPForum-discussion] Putting Record route in the responses

Michael.Wells at anz.ccamatil.com Michael.Wells at anz.ccamatil.com
Wed Nov 8 21:08:13 UTC 2006

Please remove me from this list
Kind Regards
Michael Wells

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           tariqz at comcast.net  |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           discussion-bounces at s|
|         |           ipforum.org         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           24/10/2006 08:55 AM |
|---------+------------------------------->
  |       To:       Manpreet Singh <msingh at ibasis.net>, discussion at sipforum.org, sip-implementors at cs.columbia.edu                |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Michael Wells/NZL/ANZ/CCA)                                                                             |
  |       Subject:  Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Putting Record route in the responses                                              |

Please remove me from this list immediately!

From: Manpreet Singh <msingh at ibasis.net>

----- Message from Manpreet Singh <msingh at ibasis.net> on Mon, 23 Oct 2006
19:53:50 +0000 -----

       To: discussion at sipforum.org, sip-implementors at cs.columbia.edu

  Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Putting Record route in the responses

Could someone point me to the part of the spec which talks about what all
headers are to be inserted in all the response to an INVITE or any other
request. I am bit lost trying to find the right explanation.

I am specifically looking for a case where a proxy inserts a Record-Route
header in the outgoing invite and the UAS rejects the INVITE with some 5xx
or a 4xx response. Now would the 4xx or 5xx response carry the R-R headers
from UAS to the proxy and then back to UAC? I have generally seen the
implementations where 100 doesnt carry and 18x carries it.

thanks

discussion mailing list
discussion at sipforum.org