[SIPForum-discussion] UAs

Henning Schulzrinne hgs at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 28 02:37:24 UTC 2006

The list is quite helpful. I'm trying to flesh out the list at http://
www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/ua.html with additional data on modern
(3261), actively-maintained client, i.e., you would want to recommend
to a friend new to SIP. It would be helpful if those who have used
(or written) clients can provide information about their UA, such as

- SIP features: TCP, TLS, NAPTR
- audio codecs, including RFC 2833 support
- video codecs
- presence - basic? rich? XCAP?
- license
- any additional remarks such as restrictions or particular features

I'm focusing on UAs that can be configured for any proxy, not just
those that are part of a service.

Thanks.