[SIPForum-discussion] How to get the UAS's IP just using its owner's profile?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Mon Feb 6 12:19:15 UTC 2006

Hi.

I know that I can call a friend by means of a soft phone when I know his URI
(myFriend at hishouse.com).

But, if I need call someone new, knowing just his/her profile, what should I
do?

Explanation:

In my city I know a tailor and I always call him via my soft phone, when I
need some services. He has a soft phone too.

But, next week I'm going to move to another country. There, I will need call
some new tailor. Unhappily, I don't know any tailor there.

However, I know a desirable profile. For example:

-          The price I can pay for the tailor service

-          City where he should be living.

-          Maximum Time to conclude a service

-          Availability of 24 hours a day, etc.

Then, by means of such profile, I would like to do a search, maybe in my
soft phone or in a web site, to find any tailor matching such
characteristics.

The result of the search should return a URI list. After it, I could choose
one tailor that better fits my needs.

Is such thing possible nowadays using SIP?

If not, there is some work, with SIP, toward this direction?

If not, could such thing be really possible and useful?

Any comment will be very helpful!!

Thanks.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho.