[SIPForum-discussion] Is it possible talking with a proxy, being out of a SIP system?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Tue Sep 20 21:13:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

I would like to create an application to talk with SIP proxies. Such
application will use the SIP protocol, but will not be a registrar, user
agent, or any other part of a SIP system. My initial intention is just
testing replies from a proxy, for example.

Can such thing be possible? Is there any needing of passing any kind of
password data to a proxy, to get permission of receiving its replies?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Thanks.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho