[SIPForum-discussion] LPN and SIP

Jay Batson batsonjay at sipforum.org
Thu Jul 28 16:05:04 UTC 2005

I'm not as clear on this as I should be, but wouldn't another
approach be to use DNS?

E.g. if all the Domain Name management people provides well-
articulated interfaces to let people set the DNS SRV record for
domains they own, we could use the SIP SRV records.

For instance, if I've got a host for my personal work called
"mypersonalbiz.com", I'd like my DNS hosting provider to let me set:
- the A record
- the MX record
- the SIP record(s)

And then have an account at, say, Vonage that my SIP records point to.

Would this cut it?
-jb
-------
Jay Batson