[SIPForum-discussion] LPN and SIP

Ringel, Rick Rick_Ringel at inter-tel.com
Thu Jul 28 13:45:05 UTC 2005

>> From there, it's up to clever businesses
>> to figure out how to meet the desires of users.

>> http://one.address.name has a meta service for SIP Redirect and DNS.

Thanks for the information.

I see how this will work.  I suspect that some purists don't like the
idea that everybody owns their own domain, since in some way, it seems
counter to the original purpose of the domain: to enable networks to
route without regard for the user portion of the address.  If every
person has their own domain, this feature is in some way nullified.
That's why I felt it was not a satisfactory answer.

>From a pragmatic viewpoint, though, service providers will invest in
portability to the extent there is a market.  No government mandates,
and no infrastructure upgrades.  Just a matter of fitting the pieces
together to form a new service...

I like this new network!

-Rick