[SIPForum-discussion] Re-use of call-Id

R.Jesske at telekom.de R.Jesske at telekom.de
Tue Jan 10 09:00:53 UTC 2017

Hi,
RFC 3261:
21.5.4 503 Service Unavailable

   ... A client (proxy or UAC) receiving a 503 (Service Unavailable) SHOULD
   attempt to forward the request to an alternate server.  It SHOULD NOT
   forward any other requests to that server for the duration specified
   in the Retry-After header field, if present. ...

In the case no retry after header is within 503 there is no time limit given for the alternate destination.

The question is what will happen if you get an additional 503 from the alternative destination?
Because then there should start specific restrictions to avoid generating too many SIP messages (avoiding loops) by the UAC.

Best Regards

Roland