[SIPForum-discussion] Re-use of call-Id

Leviatan, Chava chava.leviatan at hpe.com
Wed Jan 4 16:34:24 UTC 2017

Hi ,

I faced the following scenario:

1.      UAC sends INVITE

2.      UAC receives 100 Trying

3.      UAC Receives 503

4.      UAC sends ACK

Immediately  after that ,  the  UAC sends the same INVITE , i.e. same call-id , same from tag ,  same CSEQ . It is sent from a different IP , and to a different IP . I.e. if 1-4 were sent from IP A to IP B , then repeated 1 -4 is sent from IP C to IP D .

The whole episode ( INVITE -> ACK ) is less than 300 millis , i.e. less than T1

Is that standard ?

When I look at the INVITE transaction diagram on 17.1.1.2 , the client should get into terminate state after Timer D fires .
On the other hand , this INVITE should not  be re-transmitted ( as part of the transaction ) as it received 100 Trying ( and 503 )

Appreciate any views you have on that

Thanks ,
Chava