[SIPForum-discussion] Query on SIP re-invite

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 31 18:59:38 UTC 2016

On 3/31/16 1:07 PM, Neelakantan, Neel wrote:

> [...]

The difference is that in this case the UAS doesn't establish any dialog
state. The following INVITE (probably another try, this time with
credentials) is entirely separate.

The distinction is subtle. But if your stack treats it as a re-INVITE
then you may run into some anomalies. (I would have to think awhile to
figure out what they might be.) So you should take care to build your
stack to treat the case properly.

> Also on an established Dialog, mid call, there can be 401 response.  In that case it is not another INVITE.

Yes. In this case the INVITE that gets a 401 response and the following
one responding to the challenge are both re-INVITEs.

	Thanks,
	Paul