[SIPForum-discussion] rfc-conform contact-header

Dale R. Worley worley at ariadne.com
Tue Feb 16 19:59:33 UTC 2016

"Guenter, Uli (Uli)" <guenter at avaya.com> writes:
> I would like to know your thoughts if this contact header is
> rfc-conform or not:
>
> Contact: <sip:wsg1TLz4Zbiqx7a2mhQNOjxYO2B1KqLAjaPkzVN7mUnDRqMkzvk4H3Bcvg/YWyDZ at th1>

It would help if you explained why you thought it was/wasn't conformant.

As far as I can tell, it's conformant.  (See RFC 3261 section 25.1.)
The special case is the '/' in the 'user'.  '/' is not 'unreserved', but
it is 'user-unreserved', so it can be used in 'user'.

The odd part is the 'host', which is "th1".  That's unlikely to be a
valid domain name.

Dale