[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Message-Digest : Usage of sha2 in SIP Authorization

ayush jain jain.ayush09 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:31:18 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Please let me know if there is any mention of update somewhere related to
usage of SHA2 algorithm during SIP Authorization with reference to rfc 3261.

Currently md5 is by default which gets used for authorization, which I
guess is no longer secure as per US-cert it's cryptographically broken.

I saw a draft 'draft-yusef-sipcore-digest-scheme-04' on the similar note
but I guess the same is expired. Please let me know if anyone has any
information related to the same.

Regards,
_Ayush