[SIPForum-discussion] Call hold scenarios

Sumedha Gawarikar s.gawarikar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:03:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

This attribute is used for playing music when call goes on hold.
a=sendonly:
On sending sendonly in ReInvite then in response, we can get
recvonly/inactive.
If UAC wants to play its music then it is indicating that it will send
media but not receive media.
if UAS is responding with recvonly, then UAS is accepting the media & play
the received media on holding call.
if UAS is responding with inactive , then UAS don't want to play the
received media on holding call so it intimate that do not send media.

a=inactive:
On sending inactive in ReInvite then in response, we can get inactive.
If UAC doesn't want to play its music then it is indicating that it is not
sending media.
UAS should respond with inactive.

Regards,
Sumedha