[SIPForum-discussion] Signaling Multiple H.264 Profiles

Eugene Christensen echristensen at sorenson.com
Wed Jan 14 20:19:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

I would like to better understand how to both signal and interpret multiple H.264 Profiles in the SDP.

It is my understanding that anyone that signals their ability to support H.264 must support at a minimum the Baseline profile.  So, if someone tells me they support another profile (e.g. Main), should they or shouldn't they also signal Baseline as a separate payload type?

If the answer is that Baseline is implied and therefore does not need to be signaled, do I use the same payload type when I send Baseline to that endpoint?

Thank you,

Eugene R. Christensen
Principal Software Engineer
Sorenson Communications
4192 South Riverboat Road
Salt Lake City, Utah 84123
P. 801.287.9419
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential and proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by reply e-mail at echristensen at sorenson.com or by telephone at +1 (801) 287-9419, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk.