[SIPForum-discussion] "playout-delay mode fixed no-timestamps" What is it for

Rafael Diego Farias de Oliveira rafaeldiego21 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:32:53 UTC 2015

Performing an analysis after claim that the voice was robotic and poor
quality, I found that removing the command "playout-delay mode fixed in the
timestamps" within the dial-peer voice of my circuit the problem was
normalized.
I was in doubt, why removing this command solved the problem, for it really
serves this command.

dial-peer voice 525 voip

 description TESTE

 destination-pattern [2-6].......

 rtp payload-type cisco-codec-fax-ack 111

 rtp payload-type cisco-codec-fax-ind 110

 rtp payload-type nse 102

 rtp payload-type nte 97

 modem passthrough nse codec g711alaw

 voice-class codec 1

 session protocol sipv2

 session target sip-server

 incoming called-number .T

 dtmf-relay rtp-nte

 playout-delay mode fixed no-timestamps

 fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through
g711alaw

 no vad