[SIPForum-discussion] Change the Payload in the SDP from dynamic to standard

Murali Natesh murali87ece at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 03:26:05 UTC 2015

Hello Amiga,

Kindly ask carrier to send correct payload type 18 for G.729 and Telephone
events 101.

The payload type for G.729 is 18 and for telephone events they can send 101
which is mostly used for DTMF or dynamic value 96-127 if your gateway
properly negotiate these values.

The reason for audio may be carrier is sending audio via PT 101 instead of
sending via PT 18.Wireshark trace will help you to identify whether
renegotiation has been accepted at UAS end or not.

Regards,
Murali