[SIPForum-discussion] What are the uses of P-Preferred-Identity??

Tarsem Singh tarsem.laddi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:06:17 UTC 2015

The P-Asserted-Identity contains the caller id information for the call on
the INVITE SIP packet. The Privacy header contains information on which
parts of the caller id are private.
This is the acceptable way to specify privacy information for calls. there
can be multiple use case where you need to have PAI like, multiple phones
register for same user.

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:58 AM, pendyala syam <psyam545 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As far I understand, P-Preferred-Identity will be shown as caller display
> name in callee UI. When SIP already have From header which carriers the
> caller identity, why is this P-Preferred-Identity header required? Why
> can't we use From header to show caller display name at callee UI?. Is
> there any added advantage of this header. Some body please explain. Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Pendyala

*Thanks & Regards,*