[SIPForum-discussion] Query regarding Voicemail-Subscription

Durgesh kumar singh durgeshk1990 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 12:08:25 UTC 2014

Hello

I have one query related to our SIP project.

*Is it possible to receive voicemil Notify without sending any subscribe to
SIP server ?*

Actually in our case we are using Intraswitch SIP server to register our
client which support the Voicemail.

So when our client register then without sending any SUBSCRIBE packet we
receiving the NOTIFY from server which indicate our Voicemail counter.

Till now what i know that, for any type of Notification, SIP client first
need to send subscribe (For Voicemail) to SIP server and then we receive
Notify from SIP server whose SIP flow is below mentioned.

SIP Client  |-----SUBSCRIBE---->| SIP Server

SIP Client  |<-------200--------| SIP Server

SIP Client  |<------NOTIFY----- | SIP Server

SIP Client  |--------200------->| SIP Server

So please help me to figure out this query that for any Notify, Subscribe
is necessary or it's depend on server configuration.

Thanks,
Durgesh K singh