[SIPForum-discussion] Query about 407 proxy authentication Required in SIP response

Vijay Mishra mishra.vijayk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 06:15:40 UTC 2014

Hi Durgesh,

In the SIP RFC 3665 it is given that In order to authenticate Register 401
response is send
and to authenticate Invite 407 response is sent.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3665

However there is no restriction that proxy cannot sent 407 response for
register message.
The Service-Provider/SIP Proxy Server MAY issue additional 401 Unauthorized
or 407 Proxy Authentication Required responses to REGISTER requests, if the
digest challenge response of the SIP-PBX in its REGISTER request is stale
or invalid

Thanks

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Durgesh kumar singh <durgeshk1990 at gmail.com