[SIPForum-discussion] Why ACK is different trnsaction..

Sakharam Thorat sakharam.thorat at outlook.com
Sat May 24 19:56:56 UTC 2014

When the UAC receives 200 OK, the client transaction is destroyed at TL.

This is done because, the TL is unaware of the above core. The above
core can be a Proxy or an UAC core.

In case of proxy, the 200 OK is forwarded whereas in case of UAC, an
ACK is generated. Now this ACK has to
create a new transaction (transaction created by INVITE had been
destroyed)at TL for its transmission, hence the ACK for 200 OK is
outside the INVITE transaction.

For other non-2xx final responses, the client transaction at TL is not
destroyed and the ACK is generated by TL.

Hence in this case, the ACK is within the transaction.

Best Regards,Sakharam Thorat.