[SIPForum-discussion] Illegal SDP Alarm

Prakash Singh Chaudhary prakashsinghchaudhary at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:38:53 UTC 2014

Hi Ramchandra,

>From your trace i can see 2 problems, please see my reply in Bold

*Alarm1*

illegal SDP Alarm
SDP Sequence Number:1
SDP Segment Sequence Number:1
SDP End Flag:1
SDP Body:v=0
c=IN IP4 10.190.166.14
m=audio 28254 R P/AVP 8
a=ptime:20
*a=rtpmap:8dPCMA/8000/1  The format is wrong, Please check the d here*

Alarm2

illegal SDP Alarm
SDP Sequence Number:2
SDP Segment Sequence Number:1
SDP End Flag:1
SDP Body:v=0
c=IN IP4 10.190.166.18
*m=audio 12058 R P/AVP 8 see here it should be RTP, some characters are
missing or misplaced.*
a=ptime:20

Hope this helps.

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Ramachandra moorthy
<ramcm.irtt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am getting illegal SDP alarm in my softswitch.Pls find below sample
> alarms.
>
> *Alarm1*
>
> illegal SDP Alarm
> SDP Sequence Number:1
> SDP Segment Sequence Number:1
> SDP End Flag:1
> SDP Body:v=0
> c=IN IP4 10.190.166.14
> m=audio 28254 R P/AVP 8
> a=ptime:20
> a=rtpmap:8dPCMA/8000/1
>

> Alarm2
>
> illegal SDP Alarm
> SDP Sequence Number:2
> SDP Segment Sequence Number:1
> SDP End Flag:1
> SDP Body:v=0
> c=IN IP4 10.190.166.18
> m=audio 12058 R P/AVP 8
> a=ptime:20
>

> Like i am getting alarms continuously.I am not sure why it is coming.
>
> Could you pls  help me to resolve this if anyone aware of this.
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> *With Regards M. Ramachandramoorthy+91- 9600070877 <%2B91-%209600070877>*

Prakash Singh Chaudhary
Gandhinagar.
Gujarat.