[SIPForum-discussion] Offer Answer spec.

Kunal Narula narula.kunal at gmail.com
Tue May 20 03:07:12 UTC 2014

8 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3264#section-8> Modifying the Session

 *As per SIP RFC 3264,Section 8*

*Origin*

*type>*

*<address>*

  Nearly all aspects of the session can be modified.  New streams can

   be added, existing streams can be deleted, and parameters of existing

   streams can change.  *When issuing an offer that modifies the session,*

*   the "o=" line of the new SDP MUST be identical to that in the*

*   previous SDP, *except that the version in the origin field MUST

   increment by one from the previous SDP.  If the version in the origin

   line does not increment, the SDP MUST be identical to the SDP with

   that version number.  The answerer MUST be prepared to receive an

   offer that contains SDP with a version that has not changed; this is

   effectively a no-op.  However, the answerer MUST generate a valid

   answer (which MAY be the same as the previous SDP from the answerer,

   or MAY be different), according to the procedures defined in Section 6.

Yes, it is legal as codec is narrowed from PCMU & Video to PCMU & T.38 to
T.38 only in IInd re-invite.

 Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Kunal