[SIPForum-discussion] FAKE RBT Scenarios

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 02:43:36 UTC 2014

Some UAC if the receive 180 with SDP will still play local ring back rather than cut through media. Also, some UAC will not stop local ring back (started with 180 without SDP) even if 183 with SDP is received after 180. The choice then becomes send 183 with SDP which has the highest probability of getting media cut through and then 180 to signal that alerting has begun. So from a pure SIP specification point of view it seems unusual, from a practical interworking point a view it is needed.

Sent from my iPad