[SIPForum-discussion] mapping of incomplete CLI

Federico Legge fede.legge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 16:13:13 UTC 2014

Dear all
an issue has come to my attention regarding how to map in a SIP INVITE an
ISUP calling line identifier that is explicitly indicated as incomplete
(there is a specific flag for this in ISUP).

I know at least one implementation to behave like this: it considers the
incomplete CLI as unreliable, so From and P-Asserted-Id are not populated.
However, I'm not sure this is the right way to behave and I don't know any
alternative. I also think that a transit network that filled the From / PAI
with such incomplete CLI wouldn't be correct as well, as it indicates that
the CLI itself is certified by the transit network while in reality it is
not.

Does any of you know if a parameter in SIP exist to express incomplete CLI?
Or do you have similar experience anyway?

Thank you very much

Federico