[SIPForum-discussion] How to send RBT ( ringback tone ) or BT ( busy tone ) from voip line 1 to voip line 2 if the lines are still in call ?

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 18:02:24 UTC 2013

You are likely out of luck. Our implementation of SIP emergency will call the end point back if it is the initiator of the emergency call.
Once, VoIP 1 sends BYE the session is over. 

Stephen James 
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any nobility must be earned.

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:20 AM
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] How to send RBT ( ringback tone ) or BT ( busy tone ) from voip line 1 to voip line 2 if the lines are still in call ?

Hi

Would like to know whether the below is feasible according to the standard ?
Please provide your suggestions.

- Voip line 1 calls Voip line 2 ( which is an emergency number )
- Voip line 2 in off-hook and the call get connected.
- While the call goes on, Voip line 1 goes on-hook. 

Basically the call will get terminated as Voip line 1 sends Bye to the other end.

Perhaps, we are trying to not terminate the call without sending bye and just wanted
to send a Busy tone to the other end to pretend that the call is still connected.

Based on some timer, voip line 1 should send RBT ( ring back tone ) to the voip line 2.

Is it possible to send BT or RBT alone via SIP ? I thought its the responsibility of the gateway/sip server.

I suspect it should send busy here 486 response for BT and 180 ringing response for RBT. Am i right ?

Also please let me know if there is a way to configure the duration of busy tone and RBT in the 486 and 180 responses
respectively.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20130925/4e91d016/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list