[SIPForum-discussion] ICIN 2013 Keynotes

Marc Robins marc.robins at sipforum.org
Fri Sep 27 20:59:55 UTC 2013

ICIN 2013

Outstanding Set of Keynotes

Delegates to ICIN 2013 in Venice, October 15-16, will benefit from
outstanding keynote presentations providing insights into the future of
network services and applications.

Details of the ICIN 2013 keynotes can be found here
<http://www.icin.co.uk/programme/2013>  and full details of the ICIN 2013
Advance Programme including technical sessions and tutorials can be
downloaded here <http://www.icin.co.uk/files/ap/advance_programme_2013.pdf>
.

The ICIN 2013 <http://www.icin.co.uk>  conference covers telecoms and web
services and service architectures from both technical and business
perspectives.

ICIN 2013 Keynotes

http://www.icin.co.uk/images/bios/keynote2013olsson.jpg

Architecture Evolution - Some Observations on Recent Developments

Four emerging technologies will have a significant impact on the evolution
of communications networks: software defined networking (SDN); service
exposure; the emergence of analytics tools (and their connection to big data
technologies); and the ability to extract knowledge and insights by studying
the information that flows through the networks. And finally, underpinning
all of the above: cloud based deployment technologies. How do these four
areas interrelate and interwork?

Ulf Olsson, Senior Expert, Ericsson Group Function Technology, Sweden

http://www.icin.co.uk/images/bios/keynote2013miguel.jpg

New Security Challenges Facing Cloud and Mobile Expansion

The proliferation of new devices with 4G capabilities is driving a huge
expansion in the use of new devices worldwide. New security challenges are
emerging. Is there an argument for telcos to reduce the capabilities of the
new mobile devices? Should the cloud be an open standard or should each
telco deploy their own flavour of cloud services for the protection of their
customers and their business?

Juan M. Velasco, CEO, Aiuken Solutions, Spain

http://www.icin.co.uk/images/bios/keynote2013uchida.jpg

Strategies for the Creation of New Network Services

As part of efforts to improve our research and development (R&D) activities;
we need to speed up our service-related R&D. This presentation introduces
our approaches for this, from visualizing services to conducting trials on
R&D cloud environment called XFARM. The presentation covers some frameworks
for service creation that we use, and it also shows some innovative service
examples using video experience.

Naoki Uchida, Vice President, Executive Producer, Research and Development
Planning Department, NTT Service Evolution Laboratories, Japan

REGISTER NOW <https://www.icin.co.uk/register/new> ! Early Bird rates are in
effect through 13 September!

As the chairmen of the Technical Programme Committee and International
Advisory Board, we look forward to welcoming you in Venice at ICIN 2013.

Stuart Sharrock, Chairman
ICIN International Advisory Board
chair at icin.co.uk

Bruno Chatras, Chairman