[SIPForum-discussion] Load Balancing in SIP Networks

Keyur Amin fossil0681 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 17:13:09 UTC 2013

Chinar,

1. You are confusing Load Balancing with DNS. If you are using a SIP Load Balancer, it would sit in front of the your SBCs. The DNS lookup should return Load Balancers' IP address.
2. Typically, you would want all your new requests to route via the Load Balancer. Responses are not required to route via a Load Balancer. No, it will not break layer 3.

Thanks,
Keyur Amin