[SIPForum-discussion] Codecs in 200 OK response

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 19:16:57 UTC 2013

The offerer can then choose based on "local policy" to decide which codec to use.
My convention the preferred codec is listed first, so in the example provided the offerer would use G.711.

It is entirely possible at that point for a reINVITE to be sent settling on a single codec. (This I have seen as well).

Just to reiterate, the answered responding with multiple codecs is unusual, but not incorrect.

Stephen James
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any nobility must be earned.