[SIPForum-discussion] SIP devices behind NAT

Keyur Amin fossil0681 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 22:52:46 UTC 2013

Please refer to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6314.

Thanks,
Keyur Amin

 From: rahul sankanur <rahul.sankanur at gmail.com>
To: "discussion at sipforum.org" <discussion at sipforum.org>
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2013 1:52 PM
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP devices behind NAT

Hi all,
I have a query regarding the changes in SIP packets with SDP when the device is behind NAT....
I have come to know that the public side IP of the media ports are found out by STUN as defined by rfc 5389 and appropriately put into the SDP...But what action has to be taken for the SIP signalling port ????
I wanted to know the changes in SIP Packet apart from change in media IP and ports when device is behind NAT....
If there are any other changes(like change in contact field etc), please do let me know regarding it...

Thanks and regards,
Rahul Sankanur