[SIPForum-discussion] Remote Party ID and p-asserted-identity.

Keyur Amin fossil0681 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 16:40:08 UTC 2013

Remote-Party-ID is deprecated (though never was an official RFC) and is replaced with P-Asserted-Identity. However, at the time, RFC for PA-ID wasn't available yet, and service providers implemented RP-ID. A lot of the service providers still support the use of both RP-ID and PA-ID. If you are designing a new system, stick with PA-ID.

Thanks,
Keyur Amin