[SIPForum-discussion] Record-Route

vijay pal vijaypal85 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:44:51 UTC 2013

Hello Tapendra,

Route and Record-Route headers are used to route requests. Proxies use
Record-Route to signal that they want to stay on the path of future
requests. This is conditional.

Each proxy adds its Record-route at the start of the record-route header,
when called party gets request, last proxies record-route token is the at
the start of record route header.

Unlike Via, the record route is not deleted by respective proxies in return
path.

diffrence between Via and Record route-

Via is used to route responses but Record-Route headers are used to route
requests.

Please let me know if any one have better idea for this query.

Regards
Vijay Pal